2 one-pound eggplants
4 hoagie or sub sandwich buns
¼ cup Ottavio Private Reserve Olive Oil
1 package HEB Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
1 jar Orti di Calabria Pasta Sauce, of choice
½ cup fresh basil, chopped
· Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Brush cut side of rolls with olive oil, about 1 tablespoon.
2. Cut eggplants lengthwise, about ½ inch in thickness. Brush sliced eggplants with olive oil.
3. Grill eggplant slices for about 3-4 minutes per side.
4. Towards to end of grilling, evenly top eggplant with sliced cheese. Remove from grill when cheese is melted.
5. Grill rolls until grill marks appear. Remove from grill.
6. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of pasta sauce onto each bottom piece. Layer eggplant and sauce, making two layers. Top with fresh basil. Enjoy!
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.